At OpenProject we are building the leading open source project management software. To enable our further growth, we are searching for excellent full-stack developers who are passionate about open source software and remote team collaboration to join our existing team of sixteen developers.
- Join our existing team of very experienced senior developers and develop frontend and backend features and improvements to OpenProject in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Fix prioritized bugs listed in our bug backlog.
- Solve challenging technical problems of high complexity.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions.
- You have several years of prior experience building frontend and backend elements of web applications.
- Ideally, you have a solid understanding of
- CSS and semantic HTML,
- Ruby-on-Rails and
- You have working knowledge of when and how to make your code scale effectively.
- You are comfortable with working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- You have experience in owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- You have effective communication skills to achieve consensus with peers, and provide clear status updates.
- You are passionate about open source software development
- Our “OPENP” core company values resonate strongly with you (O = Open for new stuff, P = Pragmatic (not dogmatic), E = Engaged for clients and colleagues, N = Neigung (passion) about OpenProject, P = Proactive and accountable)
- You are proficient in the English language (both written and verbal), for success in a remote and asynchronous work environment. German language skills are a plus.
What awaits you
- The best of both worlds: the creative challenges and learning opportunities of a start-up combined with the financial stability of a “grown-up” company in a team of around fifteen dedicated professionals.
- The flexibility to decide from where you would like to work: remotely in any location worldwide or from our office in Berlin right next to Gendarmenmarkt.
- Contributing to an open source project with high visibility and transparency within the developer world (our software code is freely available on Github.
- You will work with a team of experienced software engineers in continuous delivery and integration processes who love to learn from each other.
- Once a year, we dedicate two weeks of "Passion Time" to work on any improvements of our choice with a business impact (e.g. product improvements, marketing concepts,...) in multi-disciplinary teams.
- A generous learning & development budget in combination with internal workshops and trainings to give you the opportunity to improve your skills and knowledge.
- Employee benefits such as job bikes and child care.
- You will be in touch with exciting clients and users from all around the globe, including NGOs and other open source projects which we love to support in fulfilling their mission (such as Greenpeace, Engineers without Frontiers), corporates like Siemens, Deutsche Bahn or Audi and public institutions like German Federal Ministries.
Find out more on
...our company and product: openproject.org
...our code: github.com/opf/openproject
...our employee and candidate satisfaction: https://www.kununu.com/de/openproject or https://tinyurl.com/glassdooropenproject
Still have some questions before applying? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our HR Manager Judith (j.mcgee(at)openproject.com).